Waking up in the morning and feeling extremely lethargic and weak is pretty common especially when most of us doze off in front of a TV without fixing our sleeping posture. According to experts, most people do not realize that sleeping in itself is healing so they just sleep like it will not affect their bodies. As a result, bad shape pillows, hard mattresses, and old and stiff mattresses affect our sleeping posture which further causes discomfort. Most people with bad sleeping posture eventually complain that although they have slept for hours yet they still feel tired. To fix these issues it is very important to look at your sleeping posture and fix your routine before making a decision. However, you also need to keep in mind that a good stretching routine in the morning will help you fix the issues that have already been caused by bad sleeping posture.
Apart from fixing the issues caused by bad sleeping posture, a stretching routine in the morning has so many different benefits as well. It will help you to activate your body so you can stay energized throughout the day without feeling weak and tired. Apart from this, a good stretching routine will help you to open up the muscle which will impact your mobility. Your everyday functions will become much more effortless and painless so you will not feel too tired to walk or move when you are on the way to work. Most people report that they don’t have so much time so they don’t usually spend time on a workout. This is the reason you need something simple, effective, easy and that doesn’t require you to waste so much time. A simple 5 minutes workout routine will not only save you time but you will get almost the same benefits that you might get from a lengthy 30 minutes workout at night.
With the help of this article, we will explore why you need to work in the morning and how it is beneficial. We will further look at the reasons for performing stretches as compared to other exercises. Finally, we will look at simple 5 minute stretching exercises that will simply change your whole morning routine and offer your better results.
Benefits of Morning Workout
Morning workout has been the norm for a very long time and there is a reason behind that as well. To help you understand we have listed some of the best benefits:
- A morning workout will help you get ready for the day
- It will help you burn extra fat because you haven’t had your meal yet
- It will keep you energized
- It will help you challenge your body and set a healthy routine
- You will make healthy choices throughout the day because you had a healthy start to the day.
Benefits of Stretching
Stretching has so many different benefits however we have listed down some of the most important reasons that will help you know its importance.
- Stretching helps you improve flexibility so there is a little chance of injury if you end up moving your muscle beyond its limit.
- Stretching will help you stay energized without feeling too much strain on your muscles
- Stretching will help you make your daily functions swift and aid mobility
- Stretching improves the way you move and makes it more effortless.
5 Minutes stretching Routine to Follow
- To kick off your stretching routine you need to start by runners stretch. For this, you will get into a lunge position and stretch your legs further apart from each other so you can see the impact as you do so, make sure your knee is on the ground and you are not moving too much.
- Then stand straight and lift your hands above your head. Now try to bend down to touch your toes with the help of your fingers. The idea is to stretch as much as you can to touch the toes without bending your knees.
- For the next stretching, you need to sit down and start with a simple butterfly stretch. Fold your knees and press both heels against each other. Now handle your foot in a way that they fold right in front of your crotch. Don’t push it, let it gently slide. Now lift your hands right above your head and fix your hands in a prayer pose. You need to stretch in front of you as you bend right down. Now, take a few seconds’ breaks and push your knees closer to the ground as much as possible don’t push them with full intensity otherwise you might end up ripping the muscle.
- Finally, you will get to the last part where you will keep your backbone straight, lift your shoulders and move it in an anti-close wise direction followed by a clockwise direction. Now drop your shoulders and rest for a few seconds. Repeat it a few more times and then do the same with the neck to ease the neck stiffness.
To sum it all up, most people think that you should spend at least 30 to 35 minutes on a workout to get some benefits, however, this is not true. A recent study by Harvard Health explains that just a 15 minutes full-body workout in the morning will help you enjoy the same benefit that you might gain from 45 minutes of night or noon exercise. In short, the combination of a 5 minutes simple workout is good enough to get you ready for the day. With the help of this routine, you will be able to see the impact on your body, and you will also stay energized for the rest of the work. The best thing about stretches is that it doesn’t impact your body in the way other weight-based exercises may affect you. So eventually you will see that your muscles will not ache by the end of the exercise. You will feel much more energized and relaxed which is another benefit.