What is a work platform?
It is equipment or a machine that is used mainly for reaching a higher height during work, where it is not possible to access the area’s particular height easily. In that crucial situation, to carry out the work with ease, there is a must-use of the Work platform. There are different types of working platforms for different types of work, thus they have different use as well. In today’s era, there are more developing countries that are moving towards the construction of buildings, in those. The situation, its use is compulsory to increase the mobility of the workers to reach one height to another with ease.
What are the benefits of using the work platform?
- It helps the workers to reach from one level of height to another with ease.
- It helps to increase the efficiency of the workers.
- The work is carried out faster.
- It is easy to easy during work.
- As many things cannot be lifted by the workers due to their heavy weight, thus by the use of the work platforms, they can be lifted easily.
What are the disadvantages of using a work platform?
- It can be risky for the workers as they can fall if the balance is not stable.
- It needs training before using the machine.
- The person who is using it should have an accurate calculation in their mind such as at what speed it needs to be moved and how much it needs to be lifted if the calculations are wrong, it can cause an accident.
- The major drawback of the work platform is that they are not moveable and thus they lack inefficiency.
What is a mobile work platform?
The term “Aerial” is what represents a mobile work platform that has a controlled mode for reaching the height that we want and it is more advanced. In better ways, it is a mechanism such as a machinery which are adjustable and has various levels of height and can be adjusted by our needs. They have customized settings for adjusting the height and helping us to reach the height.
Why was the mobile work platform introduced?
The reason why it was invented was that the previous work platform could not be moved from one place to another which used to be very frustrating for the workers as they could not use it with its best output and the efficiency of the work used to be decreasing as they could not complete their work on time due to lack of mobility.
In just a few years after its launch, the work platform had been very successful due to its higher potential level of usage and maximum efficiency to be used by which the workers could also focus better on their work with ease.
What is the use of a mobile work platform?
The use of it is very beneficial not just for the company but for the workers as well. It was considered the most comfortable type of work platform as it was used to give workers relief from their back pain and eliminate the risk of causing an unexpected accident or incident due to its use. With its help, workers are now able to work while they can get rid of their back pain and injuries. As they are very easy to move around from one place to another, the potential of the workers has also been seen to be improved as well. As before, when these moving machineries were not invented, the work could not be completed on time as they were never have been able to move around which made the work to be more stressful and frustrating.
If these moving types of machines were not been, introduced then their use would never have been fast enough. As time is the most important factor for the workers who need to take place on time, if there is any delay in the work, it will be more stressful and frustrating.
What are the advantages of a mobile work platform?
- They are easier to carry around as they are movable.
- They have been improving the injuries and back pain from the worker
- They have a higher level of flexibility as they can go even higher than before which will help the employees to be more productive and efficient.
What are the disadvantages of the mobile work platform?
- They are more expensive to buy.
- The person who is using it should have proper training in handling the machine.
- The risk of falling still exists even if precautions have been taken.
- It cannot carry more than one person at a time or else it will collapse or will fall due to the heavyweight.
What is an example of a mobile work platform?
- TELESCOPIC BOOM LIFT
Telescopic boom lifts are used for reaching the highest level of jobs. They are built with a straight boom just like a long ladder standing, and they are used for repairing the pole line for fixing the connection.
- 2. ARTICULATING BOOM LIFT
Articulating boom lift is made up of flexible reach, which can be bent and reach a higher height. These types of aerial workplaces are used in the cases for construction of the building and the workers use this as a lift for themselves to make them reach a particular level of height. The most beneficial of them is that they can bend and are flexible even for reaching a short or higher height and that is why they are referred to as flexible.
- SPIDER LIFT
They are created in such a way that it looks like a spider due to their legs. They are more used as they can be moved around and are easy to use. They are also made up of strong built, and they will handle the weight of the worker easily without making it collapse.
Tips before using the mobile work platform
- Always make sure your weight is not overweight as it will cause difficulty when using it.
- Always make sure you have a backup plan in case of an emergency that can be conducted.
- Make sure all the screws of the machines are tightly joined together for better safety measures.
The final statement about the mobile work platform
After reviewing the whole summary about the mobile Work platform I would like to say that, using mobile ones has been proven to be better in usage and efficiency due to their flexibility which is not in the non-moveable ones. Even though both of them are contributing work to be carried out and make it easier for the workers, the moving ones have more flexibility to reach a higher level to work with ease which is why it makes them flexible and it increases the height level as well.
Also, the good thing about mobile ones is that they have a stronger grip and better grip for the workers to stand in one position and to work with ease. If this durability was weak then there would have never been the safety of the workers using them and they would not have been successful. As we are very sure about the safety of their workers, the mobile ones are proved to be a better version of them when it comes to carrying out the task.