If you run an e-commerce website then clear, crisp, and stimulating product photography sets you apart from your competitors and makes your products shine. However, expert product photography in Sydney is a daunting task and it requires a lot of patience, time, trials, and errors. Therefore, here are a few tips that would make your product photography much better and make your eCommerce website a success.
- When you buy a camera for product photography, never forget to read the manual. This would give you a clear idea of how to use everything on the camera. Most people don’t bother to read about the functions of all the buttons and it put them at a disadvantage in a long run.
- When people buy fancy new cameras for their product photography, they take photos that are out of focus and blurring. While most people know how to pay attention to the focus, many people aren’t aware of that. No matter what type of image you are trying to capture, you have to properly focus everything. You can do this by pushing the button halfway and then taking the photo. Moreover, you also have to keep your hand steady otherwise your photo will be blurring. If you keep still and steady, chances are that your results will be clear every time.
- The most important thing that you would have to learn is to hold the camera properly. Otherwise, you won’t get a clear posture and the angles of the photo won’t be correct. You have to hold the camera with your right hand on the trigger, bend your elbows and pull the camera back to your face. This gives you the perfect posture and angles required to take the shots.
- While you are capturing product photos, you should distance yourself from the camera to get the best results. The best way is to put the camera on a timer and let it do the magic rather than holding it by you. It works best for product photography. A self-timer allows you to capture the product imagery with less chance for a camera shake since you are not physically pushing the button. All you would have to do is to put the camera on a tripod stand, click the timer on and you would be good to go.
- One of the best advice is to use a tripod stand because it serves as your third arm. When you put the camera on a trip stand, it allows you to adjust the product properly. Moreover, you can make last-minute changes and you would get the best results. The third arm provides additional angles and stances of shots. Use it as an extension of your vision for the product, as well as the means for accurately using the self-timer.
- Another way by which you can get the perfect results is by separating yourself from the camera by incorporating a wireless shutter release. The triggers are quite cheap and easy to operate and it is the technique most professionals use in their photography. It gives you the freedom to walk away from the camera, direct and re-position subjects and fully manipulate the scene without ruining the shot.
- Another way by which you can improve your product photography significantly is by LED continuous lighting. By using LED continuous lighting, your product would be more get and visible and the specs would show prominently. Moreover, the place won’t heat up because you won’t be using traditional bulbs. The LED continuous lighting also allows a chance for you to learn and become comfortable with flashes and professional lighting techniques.